My office is committed to ensuring that any Michiganders from the 10th district are brought home safely from Afghanistan. Below is a list of resources to help you navigate issues during this difficult time. You can always reach out to my office's caseworkers in Washington Township if you need further assistance by calling 586-697-9300.
Resources for Returning to the United States
- The U.S. Embassy in Kabul is requesting that U.S. Citizens use this repatriation link for the purpose of facilitating return travel to the United States. Each traveler in the group should complete one form.
- The U.S. State Department has also consolidated all Afghanistan inquiries to HAfghanInquiries@state.gov.
- Please view the latest Security Alerts from the U.S. Embassy in Kabul and the Department of State’s website for more information.
- For information regarding the process to apply for a Special Immigrant Visa (SIV), please see here.
Resources for Veterans
See a comprehensive list of community resources for veterans and their families here.
- Veterans Crisis Line: 1-800-273-8255 & Press 1 or Text 838-255; Online chat: Veterans Crisis Line: Suicide Prevention Hotline, Text & Chat
- Vet Centers: 1-877-921-8387 or find one near you
- VA Mental Health Services Guide: This guide will help you sign up and access mental health services.
- MakeTheConnection.net: Information, resources, and Veteran to Veteran videos for challenging life events and experiences with mental health issues
- RallyPoint: Talk to other Veterans online. Discuss: What are your feelings as the Taliban reclaim Afghanistan after 20 years of US involvement?
- Download VA's self-help apps: Tools to help deal with common reactions like, stress, sadness, and anxiety. You can also track your symptoms over time
- Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors (TAPS): Request a Peer Mentor
- VA Women Veterans Call Center: Call or text 1-855-829-6636 (M-F 8AM - 10PM & SAT 8AM - 6:30PM ET)
- VA Caregiver Support Line: Call 1-855-260-3274 (M-F 8AM - 10PM & SAT 8AM - 5PM ET)
- Together We Served: Find your battle buddies through unit pages
- George W. Bush Institute: Need help or want to talk? Check In or call 1-630-522-4904 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Elizabeth Dole Foundation Hidden Heroes
- American Red Cross Military Veteran Caregiver Network: Peer Support and Mentoring
- Team Red, White & Blue: Hundreds of events weekly; Find a chapter in your area
- Student Veterans of America: Find a campus chapter to connect with
- Team Rubicon: Find a local support squad